that gives you
- More Cover
Reassurance of extensive cover
backed by a leading UK insurer RSA
- More Value
Low prices with up to 52%
no claim discount
- More Service
Friendly expert advice from our
Yorkshire based team voted best for customer service
Motorhome insurance savings
Caravan Guard provides fully comprehensive cover for your motorhome, whether it's a professionally converted van, coachbuilt, a-class, campervan or even an American RV. See below for a full list of discounts available and see how we compare to other insurance specialists.
Prefer to Talk? Call us free on 0800 14 88 568 or use our mobile friendly number 01422 396 769. We are open 7 days a week.
More cover from our motorhome insurance policy
Tailor-make your motorhome policy and keep your premium low by only paying for the cover you need.
- Comprehensive specialist motorhome cover
Reassurance of accidental damage cover and no excess for windscreen repairs
- 24 hour 365 day claims helpline
When crisis strikes we're there to help sort things out
- UK breakdown assistance and recovery (operated by Inter Partner Assistance)
No weight or length restrictions plus costs to help if you cannot continue your journey. Click to read why its now even better.
- Comprehensive European cover up to 9 months
Enjoy the freedom to take trips abroad be it a hop across the channel or a full tour of Europe. Click to read list of countries covered.
- European breakdown cover
Extends our specialist motorhome recovery service including repatriation costs. Visit our motorhome breakdown cover page to learn more.
- Protected no claim discount
Help to keep your premiums low even if you have to claim
- Emergency accommodation cover options
Let us pay up to £75 daily for a maximum of 15 days so you can continue your holiday - or pay to extend this up to £100 per day for up to 30 days. Please call us to take the extended cover
- £5,000 equipment and personal possessions cover
For portable items such as trailers, awnings, gas bottles, generators, TVs and clothing
- £100,000 motor legal expenses (for any motorhome or car owned by you)
Can be used to fund legal proceedings to recover uninsured losses (such as your excess) from the driver at fault, where you have greater than a 51% chance of compensation success.
- New for old motorhome replacement (if owned from new and under 2 years old)
Get a brand new motorhome if yours is written off or stolen
- £20,000,000 public liability cover
Protection from legal claims made against you or insured drivers for accidents, injuries or damage
- £1,000 cover for keys and locks
We'll pay for replacement locks, keys and transmitters following theft
- £15,000 personal accident cover
A little peace of mind provided by a lump sum payment following a major accident
- Flexible excess from £150
You can reduce your premium by increasing your excess
- Awning storm damage
Both your motorhome and awning are covered should they be caught in a storm
- 14 day money back guarantee (subject to no claims)
Our plain English policy comes with the reassurance of a satisfaction guarantee
Plus, for every paperless policy we provide, we will donate £1 to our chosen charity - Heart Research UK
This website provides a brief summary of the policy cover and options that are available to you. Your schedule will confirm cover features and levels applying. Benefits and discounts are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria. Minimum premiums apply. For more information about our motorhome insurance policy, you can download a specimen policy or policy summary from our insurance documents section.
Call the Caravan Guard team today on:
0800 14 88 568
Free from landlines
01422 396 769
May be cheaper from mobiles
We are open 7 days a week:
& most Bank Holidays
Our Guide to Insuring your Motorhome
Why do I need specialist motorhome cover?
Insurance for your motorhomes is a legal requirement just like car or van insurance, but the cover needed is very different because of the way you use your motorhome, and the amount of equipment and facilities it contains.
What are the key things to look for when choosing a motorhome policy for your insurance?
- Only pay for the cover you need: We let you choose whether to include European Cover, and calculate premiums based on your annual mileage - so if you don't go abroad, or only drive a few thousand miles a year, you can make sure you are only paying for the insurance cover you need.
- Get all the discounts you deserve: Security devices such as Pro-Active Tracking Devices, alarm systems and immobilisers will earn you big insurance discounts with us, but simple steps such as keeping your motorhome behind 24 hour locked gates, fitting a reversing camera, or joining a motorhoming club will also drive down your insurance premium.
- UK motor-home breakdown cover is automatically included with our motorhome insurance policy and European insurance and breakdown cover is available as an optional extra. Some breakdown services have size or weight restrictions - our breakdown cover doesn't have any limits on the size or weight of the vehicle and so is suitable for large or small motor-homes.
- 'New for Old' cover is offered on motorhomes up to 2 years old (subject to you owning it from new). This means that if the motorhome is stolen or damaged beyond economic repair you will be given a brand new motorhome of the same or nearest equivalent model. 'Market Value' cover means that you will be given a cash sum which represents the lost motorhome's current 'Market Value' in such a total loss situation.
- Make sure the policy is with a reputable insurer: All our policies are underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (RSA), one of the UK's leading insurers.