that gives you
- More Cover
Reassurance of extensive cover
backed by a leading UK insurer RSA
- More Value
Low prices with up to 68.6%
no claims discount
- More Service
Friendly expert advice from our
Yorkshire based team voted best for customer service
Motorhome insurance savings
Motorhome insurance from Caravan Guard provides fully comprehensive cover for your motorhome, whether it's a professionally converted van, coachbuilt, a-class or even an American RV. See below for a full list of discounts available and see how we compare to other motorhome insurance specialists.
Motorhome Policy features and benefits
Tailor-make your motorhome insurance policy and keep your premium low by only paying for the cover you need.
- Comprehensive "all risks" policy including windscreen and accidental damage
Reassurance of cover from a leading UK insurer RSA (Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc)
- £3,000 motorhome equipment cover
Included for portable equipment such as awnings, gas bottles, sat navs, generators, cooking utensils and TVs
- UK roadside breakdown assistance and recovery (Operated by Inter Partner Assistance)
No weight or length restrictions plus overnight hotel costs or car hire if you cannot continue your journey
- £20,000,000 public liability cover
To pay costs you and insured drivers are legally liable to pay following a motorhome accident
- £100,000 motor legal expenses
To recover costs such as your excess, no claims bonus, motorhome hire and loss of earnings following a non fault accident
- £10,000 personal accident cover
A little extra peace of mind provided by a lump sum payment following a major accident
- New motorhome replacement (if owned from new and under 2 years old)
Get a brand new motorhome if yours is damaged beyond economic repair
- Replacement motorhome hire
We'll pay up to £100 a day for up to 14 days to help continue your holiday plans
- £500 cover for keys and locks
We pay for replacement locks, keys and transmitters following theft
- £1,000 trailer cover
If you tow behind your motorhome, we'll cover your trailer or A-Frame
- European insurance cover for up to 8 months
Enjoy the freedom to take trips abroad be it a hop across the channel or a full tour of Europe
- European breakdown cover for up to 8 months
Our specialist motorhome breakdown assistance can be extended for your European touring
- Protected no claims discount
Help to keep your premiums low even if you have to claim
- 24 hour 365 day claims helpline
When crisis strikes we're there to help sort things out
- 14 day money back guarantee (subject to no claims)
Our plain English policy comes with the reassurance of a satisfaction guarantee
- Variable excess from £150
You can reduce your premium by increasing your excess
Plus, for every paperless policy we provide, we will donate £1 to our chosen charity - Heart Research UK
This website provides a brief summary of the policy cover and options that are available to you. Please refer to the policy schedule to see the cover applying to your policy. All benefits are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria. For more information about our motorhome insurance policy, you can download a specimen policy or policy summary from our motorhome insurance documents section. Minimum premiums apply.
Call the Caravan Guard team today on:
0800 14 88 568
Free from landlines
01422 396 769
May be cheaper from mobiles
We are open 7 days a week:
& most Bank Holidays
Guide to motorhome insurance
Why do I need specialist motorhome cover?
Motorhome insurance is a legal requirement just like car or van insurance, but the cover needed is very different because of the way you use your motorhome, and the amount of equipment and facilities it contains.
What are the key things to look for when choosing a motorhome policy for your insurance?
- Only pay for the cover you need: We let you choose whether to include European Cover, and calculate premiums based on your annual mileage - so if you don't go abroad, or only drive a few thousand miles a year, you can make sure you are only paying for the insurance cover you need.
- Get all the discounts you deserve: Security devices such as Pro-Active Tracking Devices, alarm systems and immobilisers will earn you big insurance discounts with us, but simple steps such as keeping your motorhome behind 24 hour locked gates, fitting a reversing camera, or joining a motorhoming club will also drive down your insurance premium.
- UK motor-home breakdown cover is automatically included with our motorhome insurance policy and European insurance and breakdown cover is available as an optional extra. Some breakdown services have size or weight restrictions - our breakdown cover doesn't have any limits on the size or weight of the vehicle and so is suitable for large or small motor-homes.
- 'New for Old' cover is offered on motorhomes up to 2 years old (subject to you owning it from new). This means that if the motorhome is stolen or damaged beyond economic repair you will be given a brand new motorhome of the same or nearest equivalent model. 'Market Value' cover means that you will be given a cash sum which represents the lost motorhome's current 'Market Value' in such a total loss situation.
- Make sure the policy is with a reputable insurer: All our policies are underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (RSA), one of the UK's leading insurers.