The Swift Sprite Lite 2 is designed with the same philosophy that Sam Alper had in mind over 60 years ago when the Sprite was first introduced; that’s lightweight, practical and affordable. Add a modern twist to the design brief like the ability to be towed by a small economical family car, and be suitable for families and couples, and what you’ve got is the Sprite Lite 2.
The Sprite Lite 2 has wrap-around seating in a brown and cream fabric and the living and dining area is graced by Mali Acacia wood grain furniture. You can use the parallel seats as single beds or they do make up to a double and the slats are retained on the track.
The kitchen is equipped with a fridge, a two-burner gas hob and a grill. The granite effect sink is round and functional, and you’d be amazed at the amount of storage space this caravan offers. Without a shower tray the washroom seems very large, and there is a washbasin and Thetford manual toilet.
Lighting is limited to essentials rather than ambient without the spot lights and down lighters you might find in high end models. Water heating and convector style space heating is by Truma equipment. The exterior is not fancy, but is plainly in keeping with the caravans design.
There are no factory fit options to the Sprite Lite 2, however there are a number of dealer fit items. These are: AL-KO side lift jack & brackets, Steel spare wheel and carrier, Hitch cover, Status aerial, Radio / CD / MP3 player with iPod connect and side mounted aerial, carpet set with moulded door well and embroidered entrance mat, a door fly screen, two scatter cushions, chest of drawers in addition to wrap round seating and a built-in microwave oven.
The Sprite Lite 2 offers basic, functional simplicity. It meets the design brief for a low calorie, lightweight caravan ideal for first time buyers. This one’s for you to look at if you’ve owned a tent and fancy making the step up to a tourer, or you need a lightweight caravan to suit your tow car.
With it’s low retail price the Sprite Lite 2 will also be relatively cheap to insure compared to other higher value models. However, because it doesn’t come with any ‘as standard’ security fitted you may want to consider buying the optional alarm or AL-KO Secure device to qualify for some caravan insurance discounts and lower your premium.
Recommended Retail Price: £9,910.00
Price is ex-works and includes VAT @ 20% but excludes a recommended retailer delivery charge of £495 including VAT which includes delivery and preparing your caravan for collection by you.
Cost to insure: £227*
- Grade 2 thermal insulation
- 10 years body shell integrity guarantee
- ALKO chassis
- Single axle
- Two berths
- MTPLM 1036kgs
- MRO 915kgs (18.0cwt)
- Overall length 6.04m (19ft 10ins)
- Interior length 4.34m (14ft 3ins)
- Maximum headroom 1.958 (6ft 5ins)
- Overall width 2.25m (7ft 4½ins)
- Awning size 8.55m (28ft 1ins)
- Double bed size 6ft 10ins x 5ft 11ins
- Or two singles; 6ft 3ins x 2ft4ins and 5ft 11ins x 2ft x4in
- Safety and Security
- CRIS identity number
- Security data chip
Dealer fit Security and safety options:
- AKS 3004 Stabiliser
- AL-KO ATC trailer control
- Alarm system (infra-red with tilt sensor and key-fob operation)
- AL-KO Secure Wheel lock
For more information:
* Caravan insurance cost based on Sprite Lite 2 £9,910 Fitted with hitchlock and wheelclamp, and kept on drive at HX4 0BE. Caravanners over 30 years old, claim free for 3 years and a member of a caravanning club. Quote includes 10% online discount and 6% Insurance Premium Tax and is correct as of 20.01.12.
News Home » 2012 Swift Sprite Lite 2 caravan review