Static Caravan Insurance
Insurance for holiday caravans, lodges and chalets
Caravan Guard's sister brand, Leisuredays, offers great value static caravan holiday home, lodge and chalet insurance. Cover can be extended to include your own contents and personal effects.
Take a look at some of the benefits:
- Extensive policy cover for your holiday caravan, lodge or chalet
Cover for fire, theft, storm and flood, plus accidental damage
- New for old option
Should the worst happen we'll replace your holiday caravan and its contents with new
- £10,000 cover for debris removal, resiting and emergency repairs
Covering the cost of replacing your damaged holiday caravan and reconnecting utilities
- 24 hour 365 day claims helpline
When crisis strikes you'll have someone to help sort things out
- Fixtures and fittings cover
We'll also cover extras such as verandas, patios, sheds and steps
- Legal expenses cover option up to £100,000
To pursue civil claims, personal injury claims, consumer rights or employment matters
- £5 million public liability cover
Covers the costs you may legally have to pay as a result of accident, injury or damage
- £500 cover for locks and keys
We'll replace these following loss or damage
- £75 excess
Just a small amount to pay in the event of a claim
- Emergency accommodation costs up to £75 a day for 15 days
There to help you continue your holiday if your caravan, lodge or chalet cannot be used
- £1,000 emergency services damage
We'll protect you against damage caused by the fire, police or ambulance services
- £2,500 ground rent cover
We'll cover the cost of ground rent if your holiday caravan can't be used
- £25,000 fatal accident benefit
A little extra peace of mind provided by a lump sum payment
- Hiring out and loss of earnings options (£250 excess)
Hire out your holiday caravan and don't lose out on income if it cannot be used
- Special occasions cover
£2,500 contents cover increase around the time of birthdays, weddings or religious festivals
- 14 day money back guarantee (subject to no claims)
Our plain English policy comes with the reassurance of a satisfaction guarantee
Plus, for every paperless policy we provide, we will donate £1 to our chosen charity - Heart Research UK
This website provides a brief summary of cover on our holiday caravan insurance policy and the cover options available. Your schedule will confirm cover features applying to your policy. Benefits and discounts are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria. Minimum premiums apply. For more information, you can download a specimen policy or policy summary from our static caravan insurance documents section.
Call us today on:
0800 14 88 400
01422 396 769
We are open 7 days a week:
& most Bank Holidays
Guide to static caravan insurance
Why do I need specialist static caravan insurance?
Static caravans are much more vulnerable to storm or flood damage than a bricks and mortar building, and as they are often left unattended for long periods of time they can be a target for break-ins if not properly protected. It's important you protect against the risks, for instance, making sure you 'drain down' the caravan to avoid frozen pipes over winter.
However, even the most careful owners are unlucky sometimes, and it's for these circumstances that specialist static caravan insurance comes in to its own as it covers you for static caravan claims such as storm damage, flood, fire and break-ins.
Things to look out for when choosing a static caravan insurance policy
- Debris removal, resiting and reconnection costs can range from £1,000 to £10,000, and cover for this is included as standard in our static caravan insurance policy. You may find that other static caravan insurance policies offer this as an optional extra and make you pay an additional premium.
- Check you have enough Public Liability cover to meet your park's minimum requirements. We offer a generous £5 million limit but different insurers offer other amounts so check what your park requires before insuring.
- Our static caravan insurance offers 'New for Old' cover for static caravans up to 15 years old (whole park arrangements may differ), and means that if your static caravan is damaged beyond economic repair you will be provided with a brand new static caravan of the same or equivalent model as that which was lost. Bear in mind though you will have to insure your static caravan for its new replacement value if you want new for old cover to apply.