The information we collect and how we use it
Within the site, we may ask you to provide us with relevant personal information in order that we can provide you with the product or service requested, undertake administration and generally service and maintain your policy, including responding to any query that you may raise with us.
All personal information supplied by you will be treated in confidence by Caravan Guard Limited and either the Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Group of companies or UK General Limited (note home emergency and gadget and leisure equipment insurance are arranged by UK General Limited) and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where your consent has been received or where permitted by law. In order to provide you with products and services this information will be held in the data systems of Caravan Guard Limited and either the Royal & SunAlliance Insurance Group of companies or UK General Limited, or our agents or subcontractors.
Caravan Guard Limited and either the Royal & SunAlliance Insurance Group of companies or UK General Limited may pass your personal information to other companies for processing on its behalf. Some of these companies may be based outside Europe in countries that may not have laws to protect your personal information, but in all cases we will ensure that it is kept securely and only used for the purposes for which you provided it. Details of the companies and countries involved can be provided to you on request.
On payment of a small fee you are entitled to receive a copy of the information we hold about you. If you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this notice you can write to:
Data Protection Liaison Officer
Caravan Guard Limited
Or Telephone 01422 396 777
Caravan Guard Limited and either the Royal & SunAlliance Insurance Group of companies or UK General Limited would also like to keep you informed (by telephone, SMS, post or e-mail) of selected products and services available from us and our carefully chosen suppliers. If you would prefer not to receive this information from us please let us know when you contact us.
As part of the process of providing you with the product or service requested, we may undertake certain checks or exchange information through various databases.
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- Share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the police
- Check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases, and if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other organisations may also use and search these agencies and databases to:
- Help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your accounts or insurance policies;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity; or
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches.
Details of the agencies and databases can be obtained by contacting us on the following telephone number 01422 396 777. Calls may be recorded.