Protect your caravan against accidental damage, theft, storm, fire and flood today with reassurance of a policy backed by a leading UK insurer, RSA. All with up to 50% in discounts for careful caravan owners.
If you're looking for static caravan insurance, please click here for more information.
Fantastic value and great benefits
As a Caravan Guard caravan insurance policy customer, make sure you get all the discounts you deserve. Caravan Guard offer low prices to reward our careful owners.
We have 685 feedback comments on independent review site ReviewCentre.com, with 96% recommending Caravan Guard for our exceptional customer service and value for money. (Updated 11/05/2019)
- Up to 25% no claims discount
- 15% approved tracking discount (e.g. Swift Command)
- 10% Volksleisure Campervans club discount
- 10% axle wheel lock device (e.g. AL-KO Secure)
- 10% CaSSOA Silver or Gold storage discount
- Up to 10% for customers over 30 years old
- 5% electronic anti-snaking device discount (e.g. AL-KO ATC)
- 5% tyre safety devices (Tyron bands, tyre pressure monitors and tyre sealant)
- 5% alarm discount
- 5% reversing aid (camera or sensor)
- Up to 5% supplementary security marking (e.g. VIN Chip Plus 5%, Other 2.5%)
- Plus discounts for other good storage arrangements
Caravan Guard give you friendly expert advice from our Yorkshire based team. Our award winning training programme for advisers ensures you receive great customer service.
Our claimants rate our overall claims service 9.1/10 on average*
From the first phone call through to the repair being carried out, has made the whole thing as easy and painless as possible.Mr Foster, North Humberside
- Plain English policy
- Confidence in a trusted family business
Number one for service and value
- Safe and Secure online quotes
- Member of the National Caravan Council
Caravan Guard's tourer insurance policy comes with the reassurance of extensive cover backed by a leading UK insurance provider, (Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc).
You can tailor your levels of cover with options to suit your caravanning needs.
- Extensive cover whilst touring or in storage
Reassurance of cover for fire, theft, storm, flood and accidental damage
- Awning storm damage
Cover for both your caravan and awning if damaged by bad weather
- New for old option up to 15 years old
Enjoy a new caravan and equipment if yours is damaged beyond economic repair or stolen
- Highly rated claims service based in the UK
Our dedicated team of caravan experts at RSA will take care of your claim and pay out any settlement
- Protected no claim discount option
Help to keep your premiums low, even if you have to claim
- 24 hour emergency assistance and recovery, even when abroad
When crisis strikes a specialist team will always be on hand to help
- Legal expenses cover option up to £100,000
To pursue injury, consumer and employment claims and recover uninsured losses
- £2,500,000 public liability cover
Protection for legal claims made against you following accidents, injuries or damage
- Emergency accommodation or caravan hire options
Benefit from up to £100 a day for 30 days so you can continue your holiday
- European cover options
Enjoy the freedom to take trips abroad for up to 180 days, or pay to extend this up to 240 days
- Ill driver cover
Including getting your caravan home from anywhere in the UK if the only driver falls ill
- Flexible excess from £100
You can increase your excess to reduce your premium
- £25,000 fatal accident benefit
A little extra peace of mind provided by a lump sum payment
- £500 locks & keys cover for caravan & security devices
Stay secure with replacement locks and keys following loss or damage
- Family and friends
Feel free to loan your caravan knowing that the same extensive cover applies
- 14 day money back guarantee (subject to no claims)
Our plain English policy comes with the reassurance of a satisfaction guarantee
Plus, for every paperless policy we provide, we will donate £1 to our chosen charity - Heart Research UK.
This website provides a brief summary of the policy cover and options that are available to you. Your schedule will confirm cover features and levels applying. Benefits and discounts are subject to change and are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria. Minimum premiums apply. For more information on this insurance policy, you can download a specimen policy or policy summary from our tourer insurance documents section. New for old option available on fifth wheelers up to 5 years old only, and the alarm, axle wheel lock, anti-snaking device, security marking, tyre safety and reversing aid discounts do not apply to fifth wheelers.
I'm with Caravan Guard because...
"Platinum standard service"
We were unfortunate recently to have our porch awning damaged beyond economical repair. We decided to place a claim against our insurance to have it replaced. We contacted the claims dept on 19th May at about 09:30 am. We provided the information requested, and we were advised that we would be contacted within 24/48 hrs.
On the 20th at 10am or thereabouts we had the word that the claim was approved. By 3pm, we had our replacement awning ready for our next trip out. That can only be classed as PLATINUM standard service. The claims handler Cheryl was extremely professional when dealing with our claim, taking us through the process effortlessly.
We are now in our fourth year with CG it's our first claim but be sure we will always recommend them when ever we can.
Our guide to insuring your touring caravan
Why is having insurance for your caravan a good idea?
A specialist insurance policy for your touring caravan ensures that in the event of the caravan being badly damaged or stolen you aren't left out of pocket.
What to look out for when buying insurance for your touring caravan
- What's covered? Our policy covers you for damage to the caravan itself, plus fixed kitchen equipment such as fridges, freezers and cookers, as well as 'caravan equipment' which includes things such as Aquarolls and security devices, and any items which are used solely in the caravan, such as televisions or radios.
- Removable items such as clothes and toys are known as 'personal possessions' and are often covered by your household policy. These can be covered on our caravan insurance policy but be sure to check with your home contents insurer first to avoid paying for the same cover twice.
High risk items such as laptops, tablets, e-readers, MP3 players, fishing equipment, and pedal or electric cycles cannot be covered on this policy. However, we can insure such items on our exclusive gadget and leisure equipment policy.
- 'New for old' cover means that if your caravan is stolen or damaged beyond economic repair you will be provided a brand new caravan of the same or equivalent specification. Our policy offers replacement with new cover for caravans up to 15 years old.
- Discounts are offered to customers who join a camping or caravan club or read a caravanning magazine. Plus we offer excellent caravan security discounts for satellite tracking devices, alarms, axle wheel locks and secure storage sites.
Does my car insurance policy cover my caravan?
In the event of a road accident whilst towing your caravan which is your fault, your car insurance policy only covers you for damage sustained to a third party, it does not cover any damage sustained to your caravan. Also your caravan is just as likely to be damaged or stolen when detached from your towing vehicle - and in this instance there is absolutely no cover provided by a car insurance policy.Get a
Top ten caravan insurance FAQs
Insurance can be a bit of a minefield, does my policy cover this, what should I do if that and everything else inbetween, to help you find the answers to your questions we've provided you with our top 10 most common and most read caravan related questions.
For touring caravans manufactured before 1992 you should find the VIN or chassis number on a plate on the ‘A’ frame or by the door.
For caravans manufactured after 1992 in addition to the above, you should also find a 17 digit identification number etched on the windows. This is your CRiS number.
The costs to insure a caravan will vary depending on individual circumstances and needs, for example the make and model of the caravan, the value of the caravan, where it’s stored and the amount of security and safety devices on the caravan.
It is not illegal to park your caravan on the road, but some insurance companies will not be able to insure the caravan if it is stored on the road.
The full list of touring caravan tracking devices which we accept and give discounts for can be found via the link below. These include: Phantom Pro Active, Hal-Locate and Tracker Monitor etc.
If you are unsure as to the current ‘market value’ or ‘new for old’ replacement value of your caravan, our friendly and knowledgeable team will be happy to lend a hand, as they have access to the latest Glass’s Guide valuations. Just call us on 01422 396 769 for assistance or provide us with details for your caravan.
Our minimum security requirements are that your caravan is fitted with a hitchlock, plus a wheel clamp (covering at least one wheel nut) or axle wheel lock (e.g. Al-Ko Secure) when left unattended and detached from your towing vehicle. These devices must be made by a reputable manufacturer.
‘New for old’ cover means that we will replace your insured caravan with the most recent model (or equivalent) if it is stolen and not recovered, or damaged beyond economic repair.
Caravan insurance by law is not a legal requirement. However, without it you’ll likely have to pay for repairs or a replacement out of your own pocket following accident damage you cause, of after storm damage or theft.
You can read many more common insurance questions in our touring caravan insurance knowledgebase.Get a quote Call us 0800 14 88 568 Retrieve your quote
More reasons to choose us
Rated Excellent by customers
Number one for service and value
Reassuringly good cover from a leading insurer
Award winning company
Safe and secure online quotes
Confidence in a trusted family business
Highly rated claims service
Money back guarantee
Member of the National Caravan Council
Heart Research donation for every paperless policy
Plain English policy and documents
Great value for money