Insurance for holiday caravans, lodges and chalets from
Caravan Guard's sister brand, Leisuredays, offers great value static caravan holiday home, lodge and chalet insurance. Cover can be extended to include your own contents and personal possessions.
For a comprehensive list of benefits, see below or click here to visit the Leisuredays website.Get a
a quote Renew
Features and benefits
- Extensive policy cover for your holiday caravan, lodge or chalet
Cover for fire, theft, storm and flood, plus accidental damage.
- New for old option
Should the worst happen, enjoy a brand new replacement holiday caravan and contents.
- £10,000 cover for debris removal, resiting and emergency repairs
Covering the cost of replacing your damaged holiday caravan and reconnecting utilities.
- Highly rated claims service in the UK
Our experienced team of experts at RSA will settle your claim quickly and efficiently.
- Fixtures and fittings cover
Protection for extras such as verandas, patios, steps and sheds.
- Legal expenses cover option up to £100,000
To pursue civil claims, personal injury claims, consumer rights or employment matters.
- £5,000,000 public liability cover
Covers the costs you may legally have to pay as a result of accident, injury or damage.
- £500 cover for locks and keys
Get replacements following loss, damage or theft.
- £75 excess
Just a small amount to pay in the event of a claim.
- Emergency accommodation costs up to £75 a day for 15 days
There to help you continue your holiday if your caravan, lodge or chalet cannot be used.
- £1,000 emergency services damage
Protection against damage caused by the fire, police or ambulance services.
- £2,500 ground rent cover
Covers the cost of ground rent if your holiday caravan can’t be used.
- £25,000 fatal accident benefit
A little extra peace of mind provided by a lump sum payment.
- Hiring out and loss of earnings options (£250 excess)
Hire out your holiday caravan and don't lose out on income if it cannot be used.
- Special occasions cover
£2,500 contents cover increase around the time of birthdays, weddings or religious festivals.
- 14 day money back guarantee (subject to no claims)
Our plain English policy comes with the reassurance of a satisfaction guarantee.
Plus, for every paperless policy we provide, we will donate £1 to our chosen charity – Heart Research UK.
As a condition of cover, we may ask you to anchor the structure at all corners of the chassis (we waive this requirement during the first four weeks of cover to allow time to complete). When not occupied between 1st November and 15th March, you must comply with our winter weather precautions (see your policy booklet for details) to be covered for any claim resulting from burst pipes or escape of water, steam or other liquid.
This website provides a brief summary of cover on our holiday caravan insurance policy and the cover options available. Your schedule will confirm cover features applying to your policy. Benefits and discounts are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria. Minimum premiums apply. For more information, you can download a specimen policy or policy summary from our static caravan insurance documents section.
Don’t take our word for it
Guide to static caravan insurance
Why do I need specialist insurance?
Static caravans are much more vulnerable to storm or flood damage than a bricks and mortar building, and as they are often left unattended for long periods of time, they can be a target for break-ins if not properly protected. It's important you protect against the risks: For instance, making sure you 'drain down' the caravan to avoid frozen pipes over winter.
However, even the most careful owners are unlucky sometimes. It's for these circumstances that specialist static caravan insurance comes in to its own, as it covers you for claims such as storm damage, flood, fire, and break-ins.
Things to look out for when choosing a static caravan insurance policy
- Debris removal, resiting and reconnection costs can range from £1,000 to £10,000, and cover for this is included as standard in our static caravan insurance policy. You may find that other static caravan insurance policies offer this as an optional extra and make you pay an additional premium.
- Check you have enough public liability cover to meet your park's minimum requirements. We offer a generous £5 million limit, but different insurers offer other amounts, so check what your park requires before insuring.
- Our static caravan insurance offers 'new for old' cover up to 15 years old (whole park arrangements may differ). This means that if your caravan is damaged beyond economic repair, you'll be provided with a brand new static caravan of the same or equivalent model as that which was lost. Bear in mind though, you will have to insure your static caravan at its brand new replacement cost for new for old cover to apply.
More reasons to choose us
Number one for service and value
Reassuringly good cover from a leading insurer
Award winning company
Safe and secure online quotes
Confidence in a trusted family business
Money back guarantee
Member of the National Caravan Council
Heart Research donation for every paperless policy
Plain English policy and documents
Great value for money