Bailey Pegasus revamped and ready to fly again!
This month we bring you a sneak peak of the 2011 Bailey Pegasus II, the second generation of the award-winning Pegasus range, and also brief news of a new entry level Bailey caravan. Both models are to be launched at the 2011 Boat and Caravan in February at the NEC.
At the time of writing, information was limited but these new models are built to the same exacting standards as their predecessors using the technologically pioneering
Alu-Tech body shell, and insulated to Thermal Grade III classification of EN 1645-I verified by rigorous testing methods.
The exciting new Pegasus II range will be available in a choice of five layouts with a choice of two interior soft furnishing schemes including bolster and scatter cushions. Co-ordinating bed linen will be available as an optional purchase, to complete the ultimate look of style, comfort and luxury.
The model line up comprises:-
- Pegasus II Genoa: 2 berth model with a new end washroom configuration.
- Pegasus II Milan: 4 berth model with a new end washroom configuration.
- Pegasus II Verona: 4 berth model with fixed nearside bed and end washroom.
- Pegasus II Ancona: 6 berth model new layout end bedroom with rear triple bunks and a corner washroom.
- Pegasus II Bologna: the only twin axle model in the range, a fixed nearside bed 4 berth model sporting an end washroom and a new kitchen layout featuring a large capacity (117L) Dometic Series 8 refrigerator with electronic ignition and detachable freezer compartment.
The six berth Bailey Pegasus II Ancona
Large lounge in the Ancona
Triple bunks and corner shower room in the Ancona
The twin-axle Bailey Pegasus II Bologne
Pegasus Series II specification includes:
- 10 year body shell integrity warranty (subject to terms and conditions)
- AL-KO ATC Trailer Control System
- AL-KO Secure Wheel Lock
- AL-KO 3004 stabiliser
- AL-KO shock absorbers
- New exterior graphics with 3D resin name badge
- New Bailey “walnut” furniture finish
- New Italian styled overhead lockers
- New overhead lockers in the kitchen area with LED downlighters
- New mini Heki roof light over central kitchen
- New 800 watt microwave oven to complement the four burner gas hob, oven and grill.
- New style interior lighting encompassing LED under locker striplights
- New Horrex pleated flyscreen and sunblinds to all caravan windows
- New style “drop down” flaps on front bed boxes.
Optional Gershwin upholstery
Please note unlike the first generation Pegasus, the new Pegasus model will no longer have an alarm or a Tracker monitor system fitted as standard. However, the Pegasus II’s AL-KO Secure and AL-KO ATC anti snaking system will ensure healthy caravan insurance discounts.
Prices are to be confirmed but we are told that if you subtract £1,000 from the current Pegasus 534 price of £17,255.00 (the Pegasus II Verona is the equivalent model) you will have an anticipated price. i.e. £16, 255.00. That includes VAT @ 20% but excludes the delivery charge.
Full product information will be available on a new micro site at www.baileypegasus-s2.co.uk (site goes live 18th February 2011)
The Pegasus II range will be shown to the public for the first time on Tuesday 22nd February on stand 5130 and 5120 in Hall 5 at the Boat and Caravan Show to be held at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham from 22nd to 27th February.
We can also tell you that a new range of interesting entry level Alu-Tech models will also be launched at the show; they could even be described as “revolutionary” so watch this space!
Display models of both ranges will be on dealer forecourts following the show.
Insurance Cost: £244 *
*Caravan insurance cost based on 2011 Bailey Pegasus II Verona valued at an estimated £16,225, fitted with hitchlock, wheelclamp, Al-Ko secure wheel lock and Al-Ko ATC (Al-Ko devices are standard on this model). Kept on drive at HX4 0BE. Caravanners over 30 years old, claim free for 3 years and a member of a caravanning club. Premium includes insurance premium tax at 6% and is correct as of 19.01.11.
Details correct at time of publication (17/01/2011) but may be subject to change.