Bailey of Bristol are unveiling their first ‘leisure home’ the Bailey Retreat at this week’s Motorhome Caravan and Camping Show in London. We have details of the new range and some of the first pictures ever published of the 6 berth Sycamore model!
Liz King gives us a sneak peak at the two new models on offer.
It is a leisure vehicle like no other on the market, different from a touring caravan, yet not a caravan holiday-home. In fact Bailey have classified it as a leisure home. It will suit you if you are tired of touring as it’s designed to be sited on a seasonal pitch for a season, or two, rather than be towed by the owner. It is expected that it will appeal to first time caravanners and to existing caravanners by providing them with a convenient and cost-effective way of acquiring their own place in the country, or by the beach, or by a calm lakeside; just wherever you envisage spending your own leisure days.
Bailey research has shown a significant proportion of UK touring caravan owners don’t tow hence their decision to produce the Retreat. Customer friendly, convenient ownership has been an important part of the thinking behind the design of the new model and the sales agreement includes transport to and locating a customer’s Retreat Leisure Home on a registered caravan site anywhere in mainland UK and provides on-going mobile servicing and warranty support as required under the terms and conditions of the Bailey warranty. This will be done by the supplying retailer. There are now over 30 approved Retreat retailers in the Bailey Dealer Network, with more to follow.
As the weight of the vehicle is no longer a key consideration, it has given Bailey the opportunity to build a larger caravan, with over 25% more interior floor space than a standard twin axle touring caravan; the internal length is 7.29m (23’11”), internal width of 2.32m (7’8″) and internal headroom of 1.96m (6’5″).
Two layouts will be available initially; Willow (four-berth) and Sycamore (six-berth) Look out for more information about them both in forthcoming newsletters.
Willow (four berth) photos
Sycamore (six berth) photos
- Open plan living and dining areas, including a wrap round sofa in the front lounge with domestic standard “Sherwood” soft furnishings.
- Well appointed kitchens equipped with the latest appliances including a dual fuel hob, gas oven, a stainless steel 700 watt microwave oven and a Dometic 117 litre fridge freezer.
- Washrooms to maximise the space with a large circular shower cubicle and a host of practical items most notably the Thetford C-260 ceramic bowl cassette toilet, heated towel rails and a linen basket.
- Luxury end bedroom suites featuring a pocket sprung mattress double bed with optional co-ordinating bedding set.
- As it stands there are no standard security devices fitted to the Retreat range and owners may need to invest in security devices to meet the requirements of their caravan insurance policy.
Like all Bailey models, Retreats are built using the same high performance and award winning Alu-Tech bodyshell which is insulated to Grade III classification standard, allowing you to holiday all year round with a high level of tried and tested insulation for your extra comfort. Models come with an extended bodyshell integrity guarantee to provide you with long term peace of mind, subject to terms and conditions. A durable GRP impact resistant outer skin, a reinforced floor and a heavy duty AL-KO chassis ensure that a Bailey Retreat has enduring build qualities.
The Bailey Retreat Leisure Home has been introduced to reflect the changing way we are choosing to enjoy our leisure time it provides the permanency of a holiday home whilst at the same time giving you the flexibility of a touring caravan.
Caravan Guard will publish caravan insurance prices for the Bailey Retreat range and discuss the nature of seasonal pitch caravan insurance in more detail at a later date.
Recommended retail prices
Bailey Retreat Willow £22,000
Bailey Retreat sycamore £22,140
For more information