Guide to keeping cool in your motorhome or caravan

Published in Caravan Guard News, Guides on   - 10 Comments

How would you rate this article?

Comments

1. Naomi Kennerley says:

Look at the UK company Totalcool Ltd. They make a 12v/24v/mains portable evaporative cooler the Totalcool 3000. It is fully made in the UK with UK sourced components and has a 2 year guarantee. It can be used in motorhomes caravans, cars houses etc. They also do power packs to operate it off grid and portable freezer fridges. You can order off their website or they have trade stands at all sorts of outdoor shows. I have one and I have been using it in my campervan at the weekend and now in my house to keep my dogs cool ( as well as me)

2. Peter Maycock says:

Interesting, but two of the product reviews state so many watts/so many amps required to operate.You would have to use 500volt supply to only consume said amps????

3. Pete Murray says:

After travelling to Holland last year when europe was in a massive heat wave (35° plus) I said I wouldn’t go on holiday in the caravan again without air conditioning.
    We bought this a few days ago and at £218 uses less than 6amp electric and weights less than 20kg. Perfect size for the caravan and we have been testing in our bedroom at home in the last few days of extreme heat in the UK and works great.

4. Bill Bowmar says:

Good introduction to what will become a key feature of my next van.

5. Alan says:

Good article I’ve got a roof mounted Truma and never thought about adding to my insurance. I will do now.

6. Graham Bell says:

We use the unit from cool my camper and highly recommend it. We are off to south of France in July and will be using it again!

7. A Newman says:

A very interesting and useful article gives Me food for thought

8. JACQUI CHILTON says:

always interested in ideas / guidance to help keep good maintenance of my unit thank you .

9. Rod Reeves says:

Very useful, just the sort of advice and guidance we were looking for – Thank You