Bailey of Bristol says “bigger is now even better” with the introduction of its new 8ft-wide Alicanto Grande caravan range.
Available in dealerships in September, there are three, four-berth layouts, including two single-axle models – the Estoril and the Sintra – plus the twin-axle Porto.
Sitting at the top of Bailey’s caravan portfolio, these range-topping tourers are packed with safety and security features as standard to give owners some healthy discounts on their caravan insurance. This includes an Al-Ko ATC trailer control system, Tyrepal tyre pressure monitoring system, Al-Ko Secure axle wheel lock, TRACKER Monitor Thatcham S7 approved stolen vehicle recovery system, and infra-red alarm system.
Plus, Bailey says there’s 10 per cent more interior space with longer front seats and wider fixed beds in these 8ft wide caravans.
Among the upgrades
For an eight-foot-wide caravan, their unladen weights are relatively low, starting at 1441 kg for the Sintra and the twin-axle Porto has a MiRO of 1619kg – so they’re suited for either touring or seasonal pitching.
This premium caravan range also has a range of practical features, such as a Truma 100W solar panel, external satellite connection point, a Truma gas BBQ point and an external 230V power socket.
And all models are fitted with a fully specified Alde programmable radiator heating system and have Bailey’s GRP skinned Alu-Tech bodyshell.
Also new are:
- Inside, the light floods in through Bailey’s signature, vertical front window, and the new light coloured Mendip Ash furniture and new curved, dual finish “Cashmere” gloss, locker doors really do make it bright and airy.
- In the lounge there are curved corner backrests and headrests, plus fully sprung upholstery.
- Mirrored front corner locker sections
- L-shaped kitchen, with 25 per cent more worktop space and 30 per cent more storage capacity
- 153 litre Dometic fridge freezer with universal dual opening doors
- Built-in wine rack in the Porto and Estoril
- In the washroom the handbasin is inset into the countertop
- Diamond cut alloy wheels
What Bailey says
“This really is our most luxurious range to date and offers something special to customers looking for the very best in Bailey caravan design. The Alicanto really are the height of luxury, with a higher level of comfort, style and practicality.”
The only twin-axle in the Alicanto Grande range is the Porto.
It’s a four-berth, with a £29,999 price tag, and you get a longitudinal fixed bed and washroom mid ‘van.
And the rest of the Alicanto Grande range
Estoril, four-berth, twin fixed beds and full-width end washroom
Sintra, four-berth, transverse island bed and full-width end washroom
To date, 60,000 Bailey leisure vehicles have been built with their Alu-Tech construction technology.
There’s more information on the Alicanto Grande range on the Bailey website.
To find out more about insuring a Bailey Alicanto Grande or your current caravan visit our caravan insurance discounts page.