Motorhome insurance FAQs

Do I need motorhome insurance if I have a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)?

Legally your motorhome must be insured if it’s parked on the street, on your driveway, in a garage or at a storage site.

You don’t legally need motorhome insurance if you have a valid Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) but cancelling your motorhome insurance when it’s laid up means it’s not covered for risks such as theft, fire, storm, flood, vandalism, and accidental damage.

If your motorhome is kept at a storage site, also check their terms and conditions as they might insist on insurance for liability reasons.

Did you find this useful?

1 Caravan Guard specialise in caravan and motorhome insurance, we have compiled these informative answers to help you with commonly asked insurance questions.
« back
Why Choose us?
Number 1 on ReviewCentre
Number 1 for service and value
RSA Logo
Reassuringly good cover from a leading insurer
Award winning customer service
Award winning customer service
Norton Secure online quotes
Safe and secure online quotes
Trusted family business since 1984
Confidence in a trusted family business
claiments rate our service as good or exceptional
Claimants rate our service as good or exceptional
Great value icon
Great value for money
Money back guarantee
Money back guarantee
NCC Logo
Member of the National Caravan Council
Heart Research Logo
Heart Research donation with every paperless policy
Plain English policy icon
Plain English policy and documents