Motorhome insurance FAQs

How might Brexit affect my European travel plans?

If you’re planning a holiday to Europe in your motorhome or campervan you no longer need to carry a Green Card to show proof of insurance.

If you’re driving your motorhome or campervan in the EU, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland, your motorhome insurance documents will be sufficient and will give you the same level of cover that you have in the UK.

You’ll need a copy of your motorhome insurance documents to prove you’re insured for driving in the EU.

You’ll also need to take your driving licence, log book, and you’ll need a UK sticker for your motorhome. You might need an International Driving Permit for some EU countries.

There’s more information about EU travel rules here.

Did you find this useful?

1 Caravan Guard specialise in caravan and motorhome insurance, we have compiled these informative answers to help you with commonly asked insurance questions.
« back
Why Choose us?
Number 1 on ReviewCentre
Number 1 for service and value
RSA Logo
Reassuringly good cover from a leading insurer
Award winning customer service
Award winning customer service
Norton Secure online quotes
Safe and secure online quotes
Trusted family business since 1984
Confidence in a trusted family business
claiments rate our service as good or exceptional
Claimants rate our service as good or exceptional
Great value icon
Great value for money
Money back guarantee
Money back guarantee
NCC Logo
Member of the National Caravan Council
Heart Research Logo
Heart Research donation with every paperless policy
Plain English policy icon
Plain English policy and documents