Struggling to renew your motorhome tax on the DVLA’s online service or telephone line?

Published in Caravan Guard News, Motorhoming Top Tips on   - 2 Comments

How would you rate this article?


  1. Kevin Staines says:

    I have read many forums about road fund tax on motorhomes and yes, generally the advise has been correct in that the tax is based on a private HGV and costs £165 per year. But be warned, any motorhome registered after 1st September 2013 will be assessed on their emmisions and this means the licence fee will be £1065 for the first year and £490 for every year after. I cannot find any information about this on the internet but only discovered it whilst I was at a DVLA office when a dealer was registering three new vehicles and was £2,700 out of pocket.

  2. Nigel Pampin says:

    Caravan Guard could offer an adjustment to the normal 12 months duration of cover to move the expiry period say a month either way to avoid the problem.

Leave a Reply

Why choose us?
Number 1 on ReviewCentre
Number one for service and value
RSA Logo
Reassuringly good cover from a leading insurer
Award winning customer service
Award winning company
Web Secure online quotes
Safe and secure online quotes
Trusted family business since 1984
Confidence in a trusted family business
Highly rated claims service
Highly rated claims service
Money back guarantee
Money back guarantee
NCC Logo
Member of the National Caravan Council
Heart Research Logo
Heart Research donation for every paperless policy
Plain English policy icon
Plain English policy and documents
Great value icon
Great value for money