Motorhome insurance FAQs

Do I need a Green Card?

The European Commission announced that from August 2021, UK drivers will no longer need a Green Card to show proof of insurance when taking their vehicles into an EU country (or Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Serbia, Andorra or Liechtenstein). You can find out more here: Vehicle insurance: Driving abroad.

Driving a motorhome in Europe

If you’re driving your motorhome or campervan in the EU, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia and Switzerland, your motorhome insurance documents will be sufficient and will give you the same level of cover that you have in the UK.

From January 1st, 2022 we will no longer send a Green Card to motorhome insurance policyholders who have EU cover.

You’ll need a copy of your motorhome insurance (including your certificate of insurance) to prove you’re insured for driving in the EU.

Do I need a Green Card for a trailer?


More EU travel information

There’s more information about EU travel rules here.

« back
Why Choose us?
Number 1 on ReviewCentre
Number one for service and value
RSA Logo
Reassuringly good cover from a leading insurer
Award winning customer service
Award winning company
Web Secure online quotes
Safe and secure online quotes
Trusted family business since 1984
Confidence in a trusted family business
Highly rated claims service
Highly rated claims service
Money back guarantee
Money back guarantee
NCC Logo
Member of the National Caravan Council
Heart Research Logo
Heart Research donation for every paperless policy
Plain English policy icon
Plain English policy and documents
Great value icon
Great value for money