Caravan Journalist Liz King takes a look at the new Elddis Avanté 372, which was launched at the NEC show in October.
Elddis introduced the Avanté 372 at NEC in October and I hot footed it to the stand to see this brand new and unusual layout. It’s a two-berth model with an L shape front end and a space saving end washroom which is contemporary, clinically white, with a slide-away shallow washbasin, a standard shower with a bi-fold door and the obligatory Thetford toilet. It’s a unique design and I rather liked it, but didn’t care for the step up into it.
In contemporary style locker doors are flush fit Noce Prosecco with brushed aluminium handles. Contrasting ivory locker doors with feature glass in the well specified kitchen which has a four burner hob, grill and oven and low level 700 Watt microwave and fridge. I thought the storage was good, indeed generous at low level and there was dedicated storage for the table in the wardrobe.
Bed making has been made easy by the use of new Easy Glide bed technology, and access to the under bed storage wasn’t difficult.
The upholstery I saw was the standard Estina but there are options and I very much liked the 100% LED lighting throughout the caravan not just for its “green” credentials but it’s great for those who prefer not to hook up to mains electricity.
The Whale gas and electric under floor mounted space heater certainly creates extra space in the living area and there were two blown air ducts in the living area and two more in the washroom so you’ll be able to toast your toes even in the coldest of weathers.
The exterior has modern graphics and rather stylish shaped windows, a white and neat awning channel so, as caravans go it’s smart and not over stated.
This caravan won the 2012 Caravan Industry Award for caravans priced under £14,000 and I’m sure the judges gave it marks for its unique design. Given its light weight you don’t need lots of horse power to tow it either. It’s also worth mentioning that BPW’s iDC anti snaking device and alarm are optional and could be worthwhile investments especially as both qualify for caravan insurance discounts.
Recommended Retail Price: £13,599
Price is ex-works and includes VAT @ 20% but excludes a recommended retailer delivery charge of £495 including VAT which includes delivery and preparing your caravan for collection by you.
Cost to insure: £252*
- Grade III thermal insulation
- Six year water ingress warranty
- BPW chassis
- Single axle
- Two berths
- Plated MTPLM 1090kgs
- MRO957kgs (18.79cwt)
- Shipping length 5475mm (18ft 0ins)
- Interior length 3733mm (12ft 3ins)
- Maximum headroom 1.958 (6ft 5ins)
- Overall width 2236mm (7ft 4ins)
- Awning size 7906mm (26ft 1ins)
- GRP underskin to caravan floor
- LED lighting throughout
- Bed size 6ft 10ins x 4ft 5 ins
Safety and Security
- High security locks to all external doors
- CRIS identity number
- Security data chip
- Optional Alarm system with wireless PIR
- Optional Winterhoff Stabiliser
- Optional Robstop security device for use with Winterhoff stabiliser
- Optional iDC Intelligent Drive Control
- Optional BPW Swing Vtec chassis
* Caravan insurance cost based on 2012 Elddis Avante 372 £13,599. Fitted with hitchlock, wheelclamp, alarm (optional on this model), and BPW iDC Electronic Snaking Device (optional on this model) and kept on drive behind post at HX4 0BE. Caravanners over 30 years old, claim free for 3 years and a member of a caravanning club. Quote includes 10% online discount and 6% Insurance Premium Tax and is correct as of 15.11.11.
Search our blog
Note: All details correct at time of publication but may be subject to change.