Caravan Guard policyholders can now report non-urgent caravan insurance claims online using a new form on our website.
So, if caravanners don’t need immediate help but have bumped, scraped or accidentally damaged their tourer, they can register their claim by visiting our “Claims helplines” page, clicking on the touring caravan insurance icon and then “report your claim online”.
Here, customers fill in their insurance policy and contact details and a brief explanation of their claim and when it happened.
Policyholders can also upload up to three photos of any damage, or other images to support their claim, straight from their mobile phone.
Once submitted the claim then goes to the claims handling team at our underwriter’s, RSA, who will respond within two working days.
“This new online reporting will make it easier for our customers to report non-urgent claims, particularly at peak times when we get a surge in emergency claims due to stormy weather,” said our Claims Liaison manager Louise Farrar. “Customers can quickly fill in their details and upload supporting information, without waiting to get through to a claims handler.”
Remember, if you’ve been involved in a road accident please call our Emergency Assistance helpline on 01422 501 087 or if your caravan has been stolen, then please call our claims helpline on 01422 501 083.
Top tips when making a caravan insurance claim:
- Protect your caravan and belongings from any more damage, such as taping over any cracks or dents.
- If possible, take photos of any damage straightaway
- Don’t throw away damaged items or carry out non-emergency repairs
- If you’ve been the victim of crime, inform the police and ask for a crime reference number
- Register your claim as soon as possible
You can find out more about Caravan Guard’s caravan insurance cover on our product pages, as well as our award-winning Claims Liaison Team.
Did you know?
Caravan Guard claimants are extremely satisfied, on average rating their overall claim experience 9.1 out of 10, when responding to our customer satisfaction survey*.
* Based on overall claims satisfaction score of 471 caravan and motorhome claimants surveyed in 2019.