Things you need to know when insuring your motorhome

Published in Caravan Guard News, Guides on   - 5 Comments

How would you rate this article?

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (2 votes, average: 4.50 out of 5)


  1. Netnext says:

    Lovely article and informative post as well.

  2. Tom Fradley says:

    Excellent article one or two points to sharpen when next Insurance is due

  3. Robert Wilson says:

    your ‘motorhome to europe’ link doesn’t work?
    can you advise insurers who will cover a motorhome stored in europe at a secure indoor location for part of the summer period?


    • Hi Robert, sorry about that. The link is now working.
      If you are insured with Caravan Guard, and have selected the European cover option, you are permitted to leave your motorhome unattended for up to 72 hours at a recognised caravan park, or if you are staying at a holiday property the motorhome can be kept at the same address if it’s in a locked compound or behind locked gates on a driveway and you are staying there (for up to a week).
      If you are wanting longer term cover then it’s probably best to insure with an insurer based in the country where you plan to store your motorhome.

  4. Paul Mannion says:

    Good information to know

Leave a Reply

Why Choose us?
Number 1 on ReviewCentre
Number 1 for service and value
RSA Logo
Reassuringly good cover from a leading insurer
Award winning customer service
Award winning customer service
Norton Secure online quotes
Safe and secure online quotes
Trusted family business since 1984
Confidence in a trusted family business
claiments rate our service as good or exceptional
Claimants rate our service as good or exceptional
Great value icon
Great value for money
Money back guarantee
Money back guarantee
NCC Logo
Member of the National Caravan Council
Heart Research Logo
Heart Research donation with every paperless policy
Plain English policy icon
Plain English policy and documents