Static Caravan Insurance
Insurance for holiday caravans, lodges and chalets
Caravan Guard's sister brand, Leisuredays, offers great value static caravan holiday home, lodge and chalet insurance. Cover can be extended to include your own contents and personal effects.
Take a look at some of the benefits:
- Extensive "all risks" policy including fire, theft, storm, flood and accidental damage
Underwritten by a leading UK insurer RSA (Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc)
- £10,000 cover for debris removal, resiting and reconnection
We’ll pay to remove your damaged static caravan or holiday lodge and to resite the new unit
- New for old option up to 15 years old
Should the worst happen we’ll source you a brand new static caravan, holiday lodge or chalet via your park, and replace your contents as new
- £5 million public liability cover
Trust us to protect you and your family from legal liability
- Emergency accommodation costs up to £75 a day for 14 days
There to help you continue your holiday if your static caravan or holiday lodge cannot be used
- Cover for fixtures and fittings
Verandas, patios, sheds and steps can all be covered by our policy
- £250 for external door locks and keys
We'll replace these following damage
- £15,000 fatal accident benefit
A little extra peace of mind provided by a lump sum payment
- 24 hour 365 day claims helpline
When crisis strikes we're there to help sort things out
- Legal expenses cover option up to £50,000 - arranged by Lawshield UK Limited
To pursue civil claims, personal injury claims, consumer rights or employment matters
- £75 excess
The amount you will need to pay in the event of an insurance claim
- 14 day money back guarantee (subject to no claims)
Our plain English policy comes with the reassurance of a satisfaction guarantee
Plus, for every paperless policy we provide, we will donate £1 to our chosen charity - Heart Research UK
This website provides a brief summary of the policy cover we provide. All benefits are subject to terms and conditions, cover level and underwriting criteria. For more information about our static caravan insurance policy, you can download a specimen policy or policy summary from our static caravan insurance documents section.
Call us today on:
0800 14 88 568
Free from landlines
01422 396 769
May be cheaper from mobiles
We are open 7 days a week:
& most Bank Holidays
Guide to static caravan insurance
Why do I need specialist static caravan insurance?
Static caravans are much more vulnerable to storm or flood damage than a bricks and mortar building, and as they are often left unattended for long periods of time they can be a target for break-ins if not properly protected. It's important you protect against the risks, for instance, making sure you 'drain down' the caravan to avoid frozen pipes over winter.
However, even the most careful owners are unlucky sometimes, and it's for these circumstances that specialist static caravan insurance comes in to its own as it covers you for static caravan claims such as storm damage, flood, fire and break-ins.
Things to look out for when choosing a static caravan insurance policy
- Debris removal, resiting and reconnection costs can range from £1,000 to £10,000, and cover for this is included as standard in our static caravan insurance policy. You may find that other static caravan insurance policies offer this as an optional extra and make you pay an additional premium.
- Check you have enough Public Liability cover to meet your park's minimum requirements. We offer a generous £5 million limit but different insurers offer other amounts so check what your park requires before insuring.
- Our static caravan insurance offers 'New for Old' cover for static caravans up to 15 years old (whole park arrangements may differ), and means that if your static caravan is damaged beyond economic repair you will be provided with a brand new static caravan of the same or equivalent model as that which was lost. Bear in mind though you will have to insure your static caravan for its new replacement value.