The Elddis Avanté 574 is a new twin bed model seen for the first time at the October caravan show at the NEC in Birmingham.
The first thing you notice are the twin single beds with padded headboards, well-positioned over bed lights and neat bedside shelves, perfect for your morning cuppa or night time cocoa, which make this a practical and user-friendly bedroom. The beds also lift up to allow underbed storage and there are good well-sized overhead lockers too.
The end-shower room has a clear acrylic bi-fold door to the shower cubicle. The semi-recessed basin has a cupboard underneath and there is another cupboard over the Thetford toilet.
The offside kitchen has loads of storage space and all that you’d need to prepare meals, including a microwave, and a fridge. Much as we liked the round sink set in the worktop, we don’t find the shape practical for washing up square or rectangular objects!
Contemporary Ivory cupboard doors with feature letterbox style glazing in the kitchen complement the Noce Prosecco lockers in the living area and the standard upholstery is Estina but there are three other options available. We really liked the Easy Glide bed slats that glide easily in a dedicated track with less risk of derailing; these will make sofa to bed conversion so easy. We think that five mains electric sockets is a practical number and Elddis have installed these in the right places for maximum practicality.
Heating and hot water is provided by Truma Ultraheat dual fuel which does have rapid heat-up facility for hot water.
Shaped windows complemented by the external graphics give a contemporary yet not overstated look.
Twin fixed beds are proving to be a popular layout in caravans although they are understandably narrower than standard domestic twin beds. Designed as a four berth model, the layout will suit couples too.
For a caravan approaching £16,000 there is very little in the way of extra security fitted. It would be our advice to fit an alarm system which is offered as an option on this model to lower caravan insurance costs.
Cost to insure: £343*
Recommended Retail Price: £15,949.00
Price is ex-works and includes VAT @ 20% but excludes a recommended retailer delivery charge of £495 including VAT which includes delivery and preparing your caravan for collection by you.
- Grade III thermal insulation
- 6 years water ingress warranty
- BPW chassis
- Single axle
- Four berths
- Plated MTPLM 1435 kgs (28.19cwt)
- MRO 1262kgs (24.79cwt)
- Shipping length 7441mm (24ft 0ins)
- Interior length 5699mm (18ft 8ins)
- Maximum headroom 1.950 (6ft 5ins)
- Overall width 2236mm (7ft 4ins)
- Awning size 10020mm (32ft 10ins)
- 100% LED interior lighting
- Bed sizes front double 6ft 10ins x 4ft 11ins
- Rear beds (i) 6ft 1ins x 2ft 5ins (ii) 6ft 2ins x 2ft 5ins
Safety and Security:
- High security locks to all external doors
- CRIS identity number
- Security data chip
- Optional alarm system (with wireless PIR)
- Optional tracking system
- Optional Winterhoff Stabiliser
- Optional Robstop security device for use with Winterhoff stabiliser
- Optional iDC Intelligent Drive Control
- Optional BPW Swing Vtec chassis
For more information:
* Caravan insurance cost based on Elddis Avante £15,949 Fitted with hitchlock, wheelclamp and optional alarm, and kept on drive at HX4 0BE. Caravanners over 30 years old, claim free for 3 years and a member of a caravanning club. Quote includes 10% online discount and 6% Insurance Premium Tax and is correct as of 14.02.12.
News Home » Elddis Avanté 574 touring caravan review